The following How To Guide will show you how to send a JDS invitation email through the Quick Add option. A JDS (Job Description Survey) Study is a survey typically answered by managers and/or top performers in a certain position to determine a suitable benchmark for that position. The Job Description Survey consists of 30 to 52 multiple choice questions (depending on the scope of the position), and the answers to these questions will serve as a guide for the benchmarks for the position being surveyed. You must have a Position created before you can send JDS invitations. Once the JDS invitations have come back complete, the benchmark needs to be built using the survey results and then activated before it can be used.
STEP 1: Access the Position or Create a New Position
Hover over the <Positions> menu title and then click <Position List>. Click on the magnifying glass icon beside the position to access the Position Details.
If you are sending out a JDS invitation for a new Position, please follow the steps in the How To Guide – How to Create a Position before moving on to Step 3 in this guide.
STEP 2: Accessing the JDS Study Tab
Click on the ‘JDS Study’ tab to access the Quick Add area where you will be entering the JDS participant’s information.
STEP 3: Customizing the JDS Invitation and Status Email (Optional)
Prior to adding a new participant to the JDS Study through the ‘Quick Add’ bar, you may want to customize the JDS Invitation Email and/or edit the settings for the Status Email. If you do not need to customize or adjust these settings, please skip to Step 5.
To customize the invitation & status email, ensure that you are first on the ‘JDS Study’ tab within Position Details.
- Click on <Edit Settings> located next to the <Add Participants> button in the center of the page.
Note: The system defaults to automatically send the Invitation email when candidates are added to the JDS study. The Status emails are also set to go out automatically when a JDS participant completes the survey.
- To customize either the Invitation or Status email, click on <View Email> and follow the following steps:
- Click ‘Customize’ at that top to change the default settings to be select/change the recipient of the JDS invitation email:
- Send To Activity Owner – sends survey email to owner of a specific Activity
- Send To Candidate – sends survey email to the participant of the JDS
- Send To Candidate Owner – sends survey to the person sending the JDS invitation email
- If the recipient is not a login in PrevueOnline.com, type in the email address(es) in the ‘To:’ field below (separate multiple addresses with a semicolon)
- Select the ‘From’ Address: You can change the ‘From’ address to the system standard address (email@example.com). Leaving the ‘From’ set to Send from Activity Owner, will still send the email from firstname.lastname@example.org, but if the candidate responds then they will reply to the Position Owner’s email address.
- Click ‘Customize’ in the middle of the page to edit the ‘Subject’ or body of the email (Note: starcodes may be used in these fields)
- Save the Email: To save the changes you made, click on <Save & Close>.
- Click <OK> to return to the JDS Study main tab.
STEP 4: Using Quick Add to Invite a New JDS Participant
The ‘Quick Add’ feature allows you to invite JDS participants to complete a Job Description Survey (JDS) for a specific position. Once the participant(s) complete the JDS, the results will be used to build a JDS Study benchmark.
To invite participants to complete a JDS:
- Mr./Ms. - Select the title to Mr. or Ms. in the drop down
- Enter the first name, last name and email address of each JDS participant
- Click <Add> after each candidate
The page will refresh and the candidate will appear in the list below.
STEP 5: Waiting for the JDS to be Completed
If the participant has a P next to his/her name, then the participant must still complete the JDS.
Note: The Last Invitation Email column displays the most recent date an invitation email was sent to the participant. If no date appears here, the participant was not sent an invitation email. The Completed column will display “No” if the JDS is pending for the participant.
At this stage, you will need to wait for the JDS participants to complete the study.
STEP 6: Completed JDS
Once a Participant has completed the required JDS, the Completed column notation will change to ‘Yes’. A notepad icon will appear next to the magnifying glass. Clicking on the notepad icon will give you the participant’s JDS worksheet responses in PDF format.
Note: If your candidate list is lengthy, you can use the search functions located at the bottom of the screen. You can also use this function to export the Candidate List data to Excel.
Once all JDS participants have completed their surveys you will need to build and activate the new benchmark before it can be used. See How To Guide - How to Build and Activate a JDS Benchmark for next steps.