An Activity is a pre-arranged set of instructions that allows you to accomplish an assortment of tasks with one step. You only need to add a candidate to an Activity, and the Prevue Online system takes care of the rest. Each PrevueOnline.com account will have five default activities and may have several job or function specific activities. This guide will illustrate how to maintain or manage the Activity List.
STEP 1: Locating and Accessing the Activity
Click on the <Activity> menu heading to view the Activity List.
STEP 2: Viewing the Activity List Page
The Activity List will provide the following information:
- Activity: The name given to the Activity.
- Scope: The scope of the Positions to be used in the Activity.
- Candidates: The number of Candidates added to the Activity shows you at a glance the number of candidates who have completed the assessment and the total number of candidates who were invited to complete the assessment.
- Positions: The number of Positions used in the Activity.
- Reports: The number of reports that have been requested in the Activity.
- Automated Emails: The bolded letters indicate the automated email types that were selected to go out automatically from PrevueOnline.com by indicating “Yes” to sending these emails on the Activity Details page: Invitation Email ( I ), Status Email (ST), Report Email (R). If these letters are not displayed under the Emails column, then you have selected “No” and these emails will not be automatically generated.
- Self Registration: An ‘S’ will appear if Self-Registration has been allowed or turned on for the Activity.
- End Date: The end date given to the Self-Registration, if Self-Registration is allowed or turned on for the Activity.
- Select the Activity: Use the checkbox located to the left of the Activity name to select the Activity for deletion.
- Edit/View Reports: Clicking on the magnifying glass icon located to the right of the Activity will access the Activity details page.
Note: Move your cursor over any column title to get a complete description of the information that is displayed.
STEP 3: Search Activities
If there is a large list of Activities over several pages, using the Search function can quickly find the desired Activity. Type in the Activity Name or type in the Login Name to access all Activities managed by a particular Login. Click <Search> to access the desired Activity. The Search results will display on screen, in the Activity List above. Once you have located the Activity you may do the following:
Edit/View Reports: Clicking on the magnifying glass icon located to the right of the Activity will access the Activity details page where you can add candidates, view reports, or edit the Activity preferences.
STEP 4: Delete Activities
Activities that are not used may be deleted to clean up the list. Deleting an Activity will not delete any candidates or positions associated with the Activity.
To delete, select an Activity by clicking on the check box to the left of the desired Activity. Once the Activity has been selected, click on <Delete>. If you wish to delete more than one Activity, click on the check box to the left of all desired Activities.
Note: Clicking on the check box located in the banner heading will select ALL Activities.
Clicking <Delete> will permanently remove the chosen Activity from the Activity list.
Note: There is no prompt which asks if this Activity really should be deleted. Once the button is pressed the Activity is deleted and cannot be restored.
If there is a large list of Activities, using the Search function can quickly find the desired Activity. Type in the Activity Name or type in the Login Name to access all Activities managed by a particular Login. Click <Search> to access the desired Activity.